Website Maryland Department of Transportation
If you are looking for a part-time career then apply for the Skilled Trade Specialist III, Licensed Plumber. The new position is open in the Anne Arundel County, MD at Maryland Department of Transportation local office. Check out the details below.
Job: Skilled Trade Specialist III, Licensed Plumber
Company: Maryland Department of Transportation
Location: Anne Arundel County, MD
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
This is the journey level of licensed plumber work at the Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT). Journey level licensed plumbers inspect and approve the work of outside plumbing contractors or in-house non-licensed plumbing staff in addition to carrying out the full range of plumbing installation and repair work. The incumbent in this position may also perform the same work as the crew and may be required to function in a specialized trades area.
Employees in these classes are considered essential employees and are subject to emergency call back procedures, twenty-four hours a day, as may be required to maintain continuous operation of a facility. Employees may be required to work rotating shift work, to include evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
The current vacancy exists at the Maryland Department of Transportation Maryland Aviation Administration (MDOT MAA) at the Baltimore Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport in Anne Arundel County. The eligible list produced from this recruitment may be utilized for future Skilled Trade Specialist III (Licensed Plumber) vacancies within the Maryland Department of Transportation.
*Connecting People to Life’s Opportunities*
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years of experience working as a plumber and possession of a Journey level or higher Plumber License issued by the Maryland State Board of Plumbing.
Consideration for employment may be based solely on the contents of your application. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information. Please include all relevant experience on your application. This includes, but is not limited to, full or part time, volunteer, military, acting capacity, or any other experience that is relevant to the position for which you are applying.
If you have held more than one position at the same employer, please list each position that you held and the length of time that you held each position.
1. Additional work experience in the skilled trade of plumbing may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. A certificate from a vocational technical school with a major in plumbing may be substituted for one year of the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in utilities repair classifications or construction and engineering specialty codes in the skilled trades as defined above field of work, on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
Licenses & Certifications
1. Candidates appointed to positions in this classification are assigned duties that require the operation of motor vehicles. Employees are required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland. All applicants must list their license number and expiration date on the application.
2. During the probationary period, employees may be required to obtain and maintain a Class A or Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) valid in the State of Maryland, depending on the type of equipment operated.
3. Employees at the Maryland Aviation Administration must have or obtain an Airfield Operators Permit in accordance with the Code of Maryland Regulations 11.03.01.04, Control of Vehicular Traffic on the Air Operations Area, prior to permanent appointment.
4. The employing administration may require employees to satisfy its agency training, and certification program requirements to obtain and maintain permanent status in this classification.
5. Employees in the licensed plumber option will be required to possess and maintain a journey or higher plumbing license to obtain and maintain permanent status in this classification.