Website Southern Utah University
New Lead Plumbingu002FHVAC Technician are available in Cedar City, UT 84720 with Southern Utah University. Motivated candidates with excellent interpersonal skills are encouraged to apply.
Job: Lead Plumbingu002FHVAC Technician
Company: Southern Utah University
Location: Cedar City, UT 84720
Responsible for the safe installation and maintenance of plumbing and HVAC systems on campus and associated facilities. These systems include, but are not limited to: culinary water, sanitary sewer, sewer ejectors, steam distribution and condensate return systems, heating and cooling distribution and piping systems, control valves, storm drainage, fire sprinkler systems, Victaulic piping systems, and other related equipment. Provide supervision, engineering, installation, and maintenance on campus-wide HVAC, mechanical cooling systems, natural gas fired, and refrigerated appliances.
General Duties & Responsibilities
1. Repair piping and related equipment in the event of failure.
2. Install plumbing systems, in whole or in part.
3. Participate with system design, plan review, code compliance, and contractor supervision.
4. Install, repair, monitor, and maintain soft water systems in buildings.
5. Serve as assistant certified pool operator, involved with all aspects of swimming pool operation. Pool operator certification provided.
6. Train and supervise student employees.
7. Responsible for correct and safe operations and maintenance of campus-wide HVAC and mechanical cooling systems.
8. Provide preventive maintenance and corrective repairs on campus cooling, HVAC, natural gas fired and refrigerated appliances.
9. Maintain cooling tower water treatment.
10. Ensure compliance with safe work practices as outlined by campus standards and OSHA regulations.
11. Perform related duties and responsibilities required and other duties as assigned.
1. Graduation from standard high school or equivalent GED.
2. Training or experience in the related field.
3. Knowledge of State and Federal regulations applicable to the area of responsibility.
4. Demonstrated leadership qualities, strong human relations abilities, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
5. Working knowledge of computer programs related to the position.
6. Interaction with:
a. Campus Community
b. Vendors & Contractors
c. Community Organizations
7. Must be willing to attend training and receive certifications related to the position.
8. Must have the ability to communicate clearly in English, both written and verbal, with Facilities Management staff regarding critical information, shift occurrences, work orders, problems, upcoming needs, and tasks beyond the individual’s scope and capability.
9. Must present a neat, professional appearance with clothing appropriate to work assignments.
10. Must have a current Utah Driver’s License.
11. Proven ability to complete tasks and assignments with excellent workmanship and
12. Proven outstanding work ethic demonstrated through previous employment or
13. Proven outstanding work ethic demonstrated through previous employment or schooling.
1. Utah Journeyman Plumbers License preferred.
2. EPA Universal Refrigerant Handlers Certification preferred.
3. Experience with steam and boiler systems preferred.
4. Three years of plumbing or HVAC experience, preferred.
5. Commercial and light industrial plumbing, pipe fitting, steamfitting and commercial refrigeration experience preferred.
1. Work indoors or out, in all seasons, often in industrial settings typical to a higher education setting.
2. Must be able to work overhead and in confined conditions and work from ladders, scaffolding, and elevated platforms, as required.
3. Travel in a university vehicle as required, sometimes overnight.
4. Must be able to adjust work schedule to meet the needs of the university.
Full Time/Part Time
Salary or Salary Range
$39,000 plus benefits